How to Apply for Myanmar eVisa from Canada
Myanmar visa for Canadians: The country was formerly known as Burma, and it is part of Southeast Asia. It is bordered by Bangladesh, India, China, Laos, Thailand, and it has more than 100 ethnic groups. In general, Myanmar visa requirements for Canadians are straight forward. Unless you're planning on staying for a long time, you probably won't need anything more than a Myanmar tourist visa.
Currently, Myanmar is an impressively developed country that is popular with tourists from around the globe, including Canadians. In this article, Myanmar Immigration Services will outline the steps required to apply for a Myanmar visa for Canadian citizens as well as some helpful tips, let's see!
Check Myanmar Visa Requirements For Canadian Citizens
It's important to know the Myanmar visa requirements for Canadian citizens if you're a Canadian and need to travel to Myanmar. Canada is not in the exempt country list for Myanmar visa, so Myanmar visa is REQUIRED.
For citizens of some countries, Myanmar is visa-free, but for Canadian citizens, a Myanmar visa may be required. If you plan to visit Myanmar, you must apply for a visa in advance by applying online for Myanmar e visa for Canadian citizens.
For reasons other than tourism, you are required to apply for a visa at the Myanmar consulate, or the Myanmar embassy in Canada prior to arrival.
Types Of Myanmar Visa For Canadian Citizens
Travelers from Canada can get a variety of visas for Myanmar, so choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Myanmar tourist visas may be available to Canadian citizens who are only planning a short stay in Myanmar.
- Canadian citizens may need a Myanmar business visa if they intend to stay in Myanmar for a longer period of time or conduct business activities.
Myanmar Immigration Service currently offers both types of e visas to Canadians:
- Myanmar Tourist e visas: valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. With this single entry visa, Canadian passport holders have 28 days to stay in Myanmar and enjoy the vacation there.
- Myanmar Business e visas: Expires after 90 days. It permits a duration of stay of up to 70 days from the date of entry, with single entry.
It is important to start the Myanmar visa application process well in advance of your planned travel date, as the processing time may differ depending on the type of Myanmar visa for Canada citizens.
How To Apply For A Myanmar Visa From Canada
To get a Myanmar visa as fast and easy as possible, you should apply for a Myanmar e visa for Canadian citizens. While the process is fairly straightforward, you'll need to carefully follow a few steps to ensure your success.
Prepare necessary documents to apply for Myanmar e visa
- Passports must contain complete biographical information (no missing data or lines) and must be valid beyond Myanmar's entry date.
- Applicants must submit a color photograph of themselves (the photo should be crisp and focused on the applicant's face).
- Myanma Travel Insurance is required by the Government of Myanmar to process a visa application
- Covid Vaccination Certificate. The applicant must have at least 2 doses for Covid Vaccination with a certificate in English.
Depending on the type of visa that Canadian nationals are applying for, they need to submit some additional documents:
- For Myanmar Tourist eVisa: Hotel booking confirmation and a return flight ticket
- For Myanmar Business eVisa: Company registration certificate and company extract are necessary documents
Apply for a Myanmar e visa for Canadian citizens by following these steps:
- Step 1: All information (name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number) should be included in the online application form.
- Step 2: Please make sure all information is accurate, and make sure the e visa fee has been paid before clicking the "send" button (Myanmar Immigration Services may require more documentation).
- Step 3: You can keep track of your Myanmar e visa application status by checking the Myanmar visa check status system. Your email address will receive a notification when your Myanmar e visa application has been approved.
To complete the whole process, it will take about 10 minutes. Myanmar Immigration Services provides 24/7 assistance if you need it.
Need To Know About Services And Fees Of Myanmar E Visa For Canadian Citizens
Myanmar Immigration Services offers several different Myanmar e visa services, each with its own fee. Canadian citizens will need to select the service that best suits their needs.
Myanmar e visa services for Canadians
- Normal Myanmar visa: for Canadian citizens who want to get Myanmar e visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent Myanmar visa: for Canadian citizens who would like to get Myanmar e visa within 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent Myanmar visa: the current fastest type of visa service for Canadian citizens who want to get Myanmar e visa within 05 business hours. (find out more about Apply for a Rush Myanmar e visa here)
Myanmar visa fee for Canadian citizens
Myanmar visa fees and Myanmar government fees must be paid to apply for a Myanmar visa for Canadians. Learn more about Myanmar e visa costs for Canadian citizens here.
The Myanmar government requires travelers to have Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage in order to obtain Myanmar visa approval. Myanmar Immigration Service offers you the opportunity to purchase it without any other information when applying for a Myanmar e visa.
Travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage is US$299 per person, find out more Myanmar Insurance Information here.
Note About Myanmar e visas
- At Myanmar airport, the immigration officer will charge an additional $US 3 per day for travelers with e visas staying more than 28 days.
- Additionally, you must have a valid passport for at least 6 months in order to legally enter this country.