Myanmar visa requirements for Malaysian citizens - Service/Fees
- Let Check Myanmar Visa Requirements For Malaysian Citizens
- All Types Of Myanmar Visa For Malaysian Citizens
- How To Apply Myanmar Visa From Malaysia
- Need To Know About Services And Fees Of Myanmar E-Visa For Malaysian Citizens
Myanmar visa requirements for Malaysian citizens: More and more people are traveling to different countries to experience new cultures and lifestyles as the world becomes increasingly connected. Myanmar is a country that has been growing in popularity in recent years, and Malaysian citizens may require a visa in order to enter.
Myanmar visa for Malaysian citizens - How to get a Myanmar e visa from Malaysia?
The purpose of this Myanmar Immigration Service's article is to inform you about Myanmar visa requirements for Malaysian citizens so that you can be prepared, let’s see!
Let Check Myanmar Visa Requirements For Malaysian Citizens
Malaysia is not in the exempt country list for Myanmar visa, so Myanmar visa is REQUIRED.
In order to enter Myanmar (also known as Burma), Malaysian citizens must obtain a Myanmar visa beforehand. There are many factors to consider when planning a trip to Myanmar, including Myanmar visa requirements and types for Malaysian citizens.
- It is important to check the Myanmar visa requirements for Malaysian citizens before traveling to Myanmar.
- The Myanmar e-visa procedure is straightforward and can be completed entirely online.
You can apply for the Myanmar visa for Malaysian citizens in several ways:
- Apply online Myanmar e-visa for Malaysian citizens through our website
- Apply a regular Myanmar visa for Malaysian citizens at the Myanmar embassy in Malaysia or consulate nearest in your country.
All Types Of Myanmar Visa For Malaysian Citizens
- There are two (02) types of Myanmar visas for Malaysians: the Myanmar e-Visa and the Myanmar regular visa.
- The Myanmar e-visa is only available to certain nationalities, and Malaysian citizens can apply for this type of visa.
A Myanmar e visa can be obtained in one of two ways, depending on the purpose of your visit. Myanmar Immigration Services is currently offering two (02) types of Myanmar e-visas for Malaysian citizens, including:
- Myanmar Tourist e-visas: It is valid for 90 days from the issued date, and myanmar tourist e visa allows Malaysian travelers to stay in Myanmar within 28 days from the arrival date, with single-entry only.
- Myanmar Business e-visas: It is valid for 90 days and Malaysian citizens can stay in Myanmar within 70 days of arrival to engage in business activities.
For those who wish to travel for medical reasons, educational purposes, or even to visit family and friends, there are a number of types of Myanmar visas available.
Check Myanmar visa requirements for Malaysians - Apply Myanmar e visa for Malaysian citizens
How To Apply Myanmar Visa From Malaysia
In order to travel to Myanmar from Malaysia, you'll need a Myanmar visa. The process is relatively simple, but there are a few things you should do to make sure the process goes smoothly.
Prepare necessary documents to apply for Myanmar e-visa
- Malaysian passports must contain complete biographical information (no missing data or lines) and must be valid for no less than 06 months beyond Myanmar's entry date.
- Applicants must submit a color photograph of themselves (the photo should be crisp and focused on the applicant's face).
- Myanmar Travel Insurance is required by the Government of Myanmar to process a Myanmar e visa application
- Covid Vaccination Certificate. The applicant must have at least 2 doses for Covid Vaccination with a certificate in English.
- For Myanmar Tourist e-visa: Hotel booking confirmation and a return flight ticket
- For Myanmar Business e-visa: Company registration certificate and company extract are necessary documents.
Myanmar visas can be obtained online, through consulates or the Myanmar embassy in Malaysia. While the process may seem complicated, it is actually quite simple to apply online for a Myanmar e-visa from Malaysia.
Malaysian citizens can apply online for an Myanmar e-visa by following these steps:
- Step 1: All information (name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number) should be included in the online application form.
- Step 2: It is important that Malaysians double-check all of the information you have entered. You can also pay for the Myanmar e-visa fee before pressing the "send" button (Myanmar Immigration Services may require more documentation).
- Step 3: Malaysians can keep track of your Myanmar e visa application status by checking the Myanmar visa check status system. You will receive a confirmation of your Myanmar e-visa application as soon as possible.
All the Myanmar e visa for Malaysian citizens procedures will take about 10 minutes to complete, Myanmar Immigration Services provides 24/7 assistance if you need it.
Need To Know About Services And Fees Of Myanmar E-Visa For Malaysian Citizens
In order to apply for a Myanmar visa, you need to choose a service you would like to use. Myanmar Immigration Services offers several different Myanmar e-visa services for Malaysian citizens, each with different fees.
Myanmar e-visa services for Malaysians
- Normal Myanmar e-visa: For Malaysian citizens who would like to get Myanmar e visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent Myanmar e-visa: For Malaysians who would like to get Myanmar e visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent/Emergency Myanmar e-visa: This is the fastest Myanmar visa service for Malaysian citizens needing an Myanmar e visa within 5 business hours.
Find out more information about: apply a Rush Myanmar e-visa for Malaysian citizens.
Myanmar visa fee for Malaysian citizens
There are two (02) types of fees to obtain a Myanmar visa: the Myanmar visa service fees and the Myanmar Government fees.
Find out more about:
Learn about Myanmar e-visa fee for Malaysian citizens
Please notice that the Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage is mandatory for Myanmar visa approval by the Government. Myanmar Immigration Services provide you with the opportunity to get Myanmar travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage without any other information being required when you apply for Myanmar e-visa for Malaysian citizens on our website. The Myanmar Travel Insurance fee is US$ 299,.
Note about Myanmar e-visas for Malaysians
- With the Myanmar tourist e-visa, if Malaysian citizens stay over 28 days, you have to pay an extra fee of 3$ (USD) per day to the Immigration Officer at the Myanmar airport.
- In addition, Malaysian passports must be valid for at least six (06) months for you to enter this country.
Myanmar Visa Requirements for Malaysia Citizens FAQs
YES, Malaysian citizens need a valid visa for entering Myanmar legally. As the globe gets more connected, people are going to various nations to learn about new cultures and lifestyles. Myanmar is a popular tourist destination in recent years, and Malaysian nationals may need a visa to enter the country.
Myanmar visa requirements for Malaysian citizens are simple, and unless you want to remain for a lengthy amount of time, a Myanmar traditional visa must be obtained.
Currently, there are two (02) types of Myanmar e visa that Malaysian citizens can apply at the moment:
- Myanmar tourist e visa: Malaysian nationals can use this type of Myanmar visa which is valid for 90 days for tourism or visit friends and relatives within 28 days.
- Myanmar business e visa: This eVisa is valid for 90 days from the date of entry and permits Malaysian citizens to stay in Myanmar for 70 days to engage in business activities.
If Malaysian citizens want to apply for a Myanmar visa for the purpose of medical treatment or studying, they must apply at the Myanmar Embassy in Malaysia. But if Malaysian nationals just want to come to Myanmar for attending conferences, going sightseeing, or visit your acquaintances, they can apply for a Myanmar e visa through the Myanmar Immigration Services website. This is the best way to have the chance to travel to Myanmar in a short period of time.
Malaysian citizens can apply for a Myanmar visa from their home country. Myanmar is now an amazingly developed country, making it a popular tourism destination for visitors worldwide, especially Malaysians.
Since 2014, the Myanmar government has introduced an electronic visa platform for over 70 nationalities to apply for an eVisa. This system reduces the overwhelming paperwork for Immigration Officers in general and the time and effort for applicants. This also permits Malaysian citizens to stay in Myanmar for a short period of time during the 03-month validity of the Myanmar e-visa.
By visiting the Myanmar Immigration Services website, Malaysian travelers can apply for a Myanmar e-visa depending on their needs. We will guide you through 4 simple steps which make the online Myanmar visa application easier:
- Step 1: Fill out the application form with your essential information, including complete name, birth date, nationality, and passport number. Choose a Myanmar e-visa service that is appropriate for you
- Step 2: Pay for your Myanmar visa services in the second step after checking if all the information you have supplied is correct
- Step 3: Your application will be processed after it has been submitted. After that, you will get an email with your valid Myanmar electronic visa
- Step 4: Print your Myanmar eVisa and keep it with you throughout your journey to Myanmar. You will be given a stamp as proof that your Myanmar e visa is verified.
Let's check the details requirements for Myanmar visa for Malaysian citizens.
The cost of applying for a Myanmar visa for Malaysian citizens includes a Government fee and a Visa Service fee. To process a Myanmar e visa, Malaysian nationals must pay a sum to the Myanmar Ministry of Interior to review the electronic visa and to Myanmar Immigration Services advice and preparation of documents for the Myanmar visa application process online.
You may pay the Myanmar visa fee via bank transfer or online transaction. The Bank of Cyprus accepts both US dollars and Euros for cash deposits. If you would like to make sure of security and privacy, you can use a credit/debit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, PayPal).
The Government fee for the Myanmar e-visa is shown in the table below:
Myanmar Tourist e visa
Myanmar Business e visa
At the moment, the basic Myanmar visa service costs per person of US $69. However, this fee can be changed, there are 3 processing options available that directly affect the Myanmar e visa service fee:
- Normal Myanmar visa service: For Malaysian applicants who need a Myanmar e visa within 72 hours
- Urgent Myanmar visa service: For Malaysians who need a Myanmar e visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent/Rush Myanmar visa service: For Malaysian customers who need your Myanmar eVisa in less than 5 business hours.
Travelers from Malaysia can apply for a visa at the Myanmar embassy in Malaysia, the consulate nearest, at the airport, or apply Myanmar visa for Malaysian citizens online through our website. Without a valid Myanmar visa, Malaysian travelers can not enter Myanmar for any reason.
- The digitalized visa system in Myanmar has streamlined the visa application procedure. Instead of waiting in a big line at the Myanmar Embassy, Malaysian travelers may now get a Myanmar e-visa online from anywhere
- Myanmar electronic visa serves the same purpose as a traditional visa, allowing Malaysian people to enter Myanmar for a variety of purposes, including tourism and business
- Myanmar e visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue, with a stay period of up to 28 or 90 days from the arrival date depending on the type of Myanmar electronic visa they choose.
Moreover, for your application to be standardized, Malaysian travelers must prepare all the necessary documents in accordance with each type of Myanmar visa. Without the required documents, your application will not be processed and it will be rejected.
Myanmar Immigration Services offers renowned Myanmar visa consultancy services to Malaysian people, allowing them to save both time and money by using our electronic visa services.
If you want to travel to Myanmar but haven't had any eVisa yet? Please visit our website to register for a Myanmar e-visa for Malaysian citizens. Instead of waiting for an in-person interview with Myanmar embassies, Malaysian travelers may now apply for a Myanmar electronic visa totally online.
- Malaysian nationals may acquire a Myanmar e-visa in less than 15 minutes, no matter where they are, using an internet connection and a computer, tablet, or even a smartphone
- The Myanmar e-visa application procedure will take 1 to 3 working days, therefore please apply for a Myanmar eVisa at least 7 working days in advance to avoid any unexpected delays or cancellation
- The Myanmar e-visa result will be forwarded to your email box. Following that, Malaysian passengers can print your Myanmar electronic visa to be stamped at the airport.
Myanmar Immigration Services provides three easy procedures for Malaysian nationals to follow in order to apply for a Myanmar e-visa:
- Step 1: Complete the online Myanmar visa application form, including your passport and personal details
- Step 2: Select your payment option and pay the Myanmar e-visa processing charge
- Step 3: Receive confirmation and your Myanmar electronic visa through email. Remember to print it out before traveling to the airport or else you will be refused to enter Myanmar.
Application of Myanmar e visa for Malaysian citizens is also processed quickly, often between 05 working hours to 03 business days. As a result, Malaysians should apply for a Myanmar eVisa at least 07 days before their departure.
The Myanmar e visa application requires full personal information and passport details. After filling out the form, Malaysian travelers must pay for Myanmar e visa fees and submit some extra documents needed through email.
Once Malaysian tourists receive their Myanmar electronic visa through email, they should download and print off at least a copy of their eVisa and bring it with you during the trip. This is owing to the fact that the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint will ask tourists to display a valid visa along with their passport before enabling them to enter the border. Malaysian passengers must enter Myanmar using the same passport that was used for the e visa application.
In addition, there are some necessary documents that Malaysian travelers must prepare to finish the Myanmar e visa application:
- A valid Malaysian passport which is valid for 6 months from the date of arrival and has more than 2 blank pages for visa stamps
- A portrait of applicants in digital version
- A scanned copy of the passport biographical page
- The Government requires Myanmar travel insurance to process the Myanmar electronic visa
- A Covid-19 vaccinations certificate
- Travel itineraries such as flight tickets and hotel bookings are required for Myanmar Tourist e visa
- Company Extract and registration certificate are required for Myanmar Business e visa.
An Electronic Travel Authority (Myanmar electronic visa/ETA) is a digitally recorded authority that acts similarly to a visa. It is linked to a passport number. The Myanmar e visa allows people of qualifying nations to visit Myanmar for leisure or business.
Since 2014, Myanmar Government has approved the electronic visa system for more than 70 countries to apply, including Malaysia. It can be said that Myanmar is not only a sacred pilgrimage land of Buddhist disciples but also contains many interesting things waiting for those who are passionate about traveling to discover. In order to explore this country, visitors must first apply for a Myanmar e visa for Malaysian citizens.
Those who get Myanmar eVisa online just wait from 5 to 72 business hours to receive a Myanmar electronic visa approval. Myanmar Immigration Services now offers two (02) types of Myanmar e-visa for Malaysian citizens to apply online:
- Myanmar Tourist e visas: are now available for Malaysian citizens who wish to visit Myanmar for 28 days during the 90-day validity
- Myanmar Business e visas: are for Malaysian workers traveling to Myanmar for a prolonged period of time or conducting business there up to 70 days during a 03-month validity period.
Travelers from Malaysia who want to apply for another type of Myanmar visa such as a Myanmar studying visa, Myanmar medical visa, etc., must apply at the nearest Myanmar Embassy or consulate.