How to Apply for Myanmar eVisa from Malta
Myanmar visa requirements for Maltese citizens: Myanmar (formerly Burma) is a Southeast Asian country that offers a unique culture and stunning landscapes. Traveling to Myanmar is an exciting and memorable experience, however, the Myanmar visa requirements can be complicated. For Maltese citizens, it is important to familiarize themselves with the Myanmar e visa requirements before traveling to this beautiful country. Myanmar Immigration Services will discuss the necessary documents, the processing times, as well as the Myanmar visa fees.
Myanmar visa for Maltese citizens - How to get a Myanmar e visa from Malta?
This article mainly discusses Myanmar visa requirements for Maltese citizens. By preparing ahead and understanding Myanmar e visa requirements, you can feel confident about your upcoming trip and be able to enjoy the attractions as well as the natural beauty of Myanmar. Let's see!
Let Check Myanmar Visa Requirements For Maltese Citizens
- Malta is not in the exempt country list for Myanmar visa, so Myanmar visa is REQUIRED.
- Maltese citizens are currently not eligible to enter Myanmar visa-free, which means that they must apply for a visa before traveling to Myanmar.
- If you plan to travel to Myanmar, you should be aware of the Myanmar visa requirements for Maltese citizens.
In order to obtain a Myanmar visa, you can apply online for a Myanmar e-visa, or through the Myanmar embassy in Malta.
All Types Of Myanmar Visa For Maltese Citizens
For Maltese traveling to Myanmar, there are several different types of visas to choose from, so make sure you choose the one that suits your travel itinerary.
- Maltese citizens planning to visit Myanmar for a short time may be able to obtain a Myanmar tourist visa.
- A Myanmar business visa may be required for Maltese citizens planning to stay in Myanmar for a longer period of time or conduct business there.
As of right now, Myanmar Immigration Services offers two (02) types of Myanmar e-visas for Maltese citizens:
- Myanmar Tourist e-visas: It is valid for 90 days from the issued date. Maltese citizens can stay within 28 days from arrival date in Myanmar.
- Myanmar Business e-visas: It is valid for 90 days from the issued and Maltese citizens can stay within 70 days from arrival date to engage in business activities.
As Myanmar visa processing times may vary depending on the type of Myanmar visa for Maltese citizens, please start the visa application process well in advance of your intended travel date.
Check Myanmar visa requirements for Maltese citizens
How To Apply Myanmar Visa From Malta?
Maltese citizens can apply for Myanmar e-visas online to travel to Myanmar. This is a simple process, but Maltese need to consider a few things to ensure your Myanmar visa application is successful.
Prepare necessary documents to apply for Myanmar e-visa
- A passport must have complete biographic information (no missing data or lines). Passports must extend 6 months beyond Myanmar's entry date.
- A color photograph of the applicant (the picture should be focused on their face and crisp).
- The Government of Myanmar requires Myanmar Travel Insurance before processing a visa application.
- Certificate of Vaccination for Covid. The applicant needs a certificate in English and proof of at least two doses of the Covid vaccine.
Maltese citizens must provide the following extra paperwork, depending on the type of visa they are seeking for:
- Hotel and a return flight confirmation are required for the Myanmar Tourist e visa.
- Company registration certificates and company extracts are required documentation for Myanmar Business e-visa applications.
Apply for an Myanmar e-visa for Maltese citizens by following these steps:
- Step 1: Describe yourself (name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number), include your itinerary details if possible.
- Step 2: Make sure the information is accurate, and the e-visa fee has been paid before clicking "send" (Myanmar Immigration Services may require more documentation).
- Step 3: Using the Myanmar visa check status tab, you can track the status of your Myanmar e-visa application, and an email confirmation will be sent to you.
Apply a Myanmar e visa for Maltese citizens
The whole Myanmar e visa application process takes about 10 minutes and a support team of Myanmar Immigration Services is available 24/7 to help Maltese citizens through the process.
About Services And Fees Of Myanmar E-Visa For Maltese Citizens
Myanmar Immigration Services currently offers three (03) Myanmar e visa services for Maltese citizens, each with a different fee.
Myanmar e-Visa services for Maltese
- Normal Myanmar e-Visa: For Maltese citizens who want to get Myanmar e-visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent Myanmar e-Visa: For Maltese citizens who would like to get Myanmar e-visa within 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent Myanmar e-Visa: It is currently the fastest way for Maltese citizens to acquire a Myanmar e-Visa within 5 business hours. (more about Apply for a rush Myanmar e-visa here)
Myanmar visa fee for Maltese citizens
Myanmar visa service fees and Myanmar government fees must be paid to apply for a Myanmar e-visa for Maltese citizens. Find out more about how to make payment Myanmar e visa fees for Maltese citizens and Myanmar visa services by clicking here.
Learn about Myanmar visa fees for Maltese citizens
Important notice: Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage is required for Myanmar visa approval by the Myanmar government. You can obtain Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage without providing any other information by applying for an e visa on Myanmar Immigration Service's website. It costs US$ 299.00, find out more Myanmar Insurance Information here.
The Myanmar Embassy In Malta
- The Myanmar embassy's hours: are 9:00 and 16:00 from Monday through Friday
- On public holidays in Malta and Myanmar, the Myanmar embassy's offices in Malta may be closed.
Link: Myanmar Embassy in Malta
Note about Myanmar e-Visas for Maltesees
- Maltese with Myanmar tourist e-visas who stay in Myanmar for more than 28 days will be charged 3$ (USD) per day by the immigration officer at the Myanmar airport.
- In order to enter this country legally, a Maltese passport must also be valid for at least 6 months.