Myanmar visa requirements for Swiss citizens - Fees & Services in December 2023
- Let’s Check Myanmar Visa Requirements For Swiss Citizens
- About Types Of Myanmar Visa For Swiss Citizens
- How To Apply For A Myanmar Visa From Switzerland
- All About Myanmar Visa Fee And Services For Swiss Citizens
Myanmar visa requirements for Swiss citizens: In terms of size, Myanmar (formerly Burma) is the largest country in mainland Southeast Asia and the 40th largest in the world, after Zambia. It is partly Myanmar's slow economic growth that contributes to preserving its natural ecosystems and unique culture, making it a popular tourist destination for Swiss travelers and other nationalities. For Swiss citizens, Myanmar visa requirements vary based on the purpose and length of their trip.
Myanmar visa for Swiss citizens - How to get a Myanmar e visa from Switzerland?
As well as Myanmar visa fees, types, and available services, Myanmar Immigration Service will provide information about Myanmar e visa requirements for Swiss citizens. So let's see how we can help you make the Myanmar e visa application process as easy as possible right below!
Let’s Check Myanmar Visa Requirements For Swiss Citizens
- Switzerland is not on the exempt country list for Myanmar visa, so Myanmar visa is REQUIRED for Swiss passport holders
- Some countries are exempt from Myanmar visa requirements, but Swiss citizens are not. Visiting Myanmar as a Swiss will require you to be aware of Myanmar visa requirements.
To visit Burma, travelers from Switzerland will have to apply for a Myanmar visa in advance. Although the Government has made it relatively simple to obtain a Myanmar visa, there are certain requirements for Swiss citizens that need to be met.
Several ways to apply Myanmar visa for Swiss citizens including:
- If planning to visit Myanmar, the simplest and fastest way is to online for a Myanmar e visa for Swiss citizens
- Alternatively, Swiss citizens can apply for a traditional Myanmar visa at the Myanmar embassy in Switzerland or the consulate nearest prior to arrival.
The general Myanmar visa requirements for Swiss nationals are as follows:
- The biographical page of the passport must contain complete information, no missing data or lines. Swiss passports must be valid for no less than 06 months beyond the date of arrival in Myanmar. Moreover, they need to have a minimum of two blank pages for stamping
- A color photograph of Swiss applicants, the photo must be crisp and focused on the applicant's face
- Myanma Travel Insurance is required by the Government to process a Myanmar visa application for travelers, including Swiss citizens
- Covid vaccination certificate: Swiss applicants must have at least 2 doses for Covid Vaccination with a certificate in English.
Swiss travelers are required to submit some additional documents based on the Myanmar e visa they are applying for:
- For Myanmar Tourist e visa: Swiss need to submit their hotel booking confirmation and a return flight ticket
- For Myanmar Business e visa: Company registration certificate and company extract are necessary documents.
Check Myanmar e visa requirements for Swiss citizens online
About Types Of Myanmar Visa For Swiss Citizens
In general, Myanmar e visas can be divided into two types. However, Myanmar Immigration Services currently only offers one type of Myanmar e visa to Swiss citizens:
Myanmar Tourist visas
Swiss citizens can stay in Myanmar for 28 days from the arrival date, and a Myanmar tourist visa is valid for 90 days with single-entry.
Myanmar Business visas
Swiss travelers need to obtain a Myanmar business visa if you're planning to stay longer in Myanmar or conduct business activities there. Myanmar business visas are granted for stays of up to 70 days and expire after 90 days.
There are several types of Myanmar visas available for Swiss citizens, and Myanmar visa processing times vary. Swiss citizens are advised to begin the Myanmar visa application process at least well in advance of their intended travel date.
How To Apply For A Myanmar Visa From Switzerland
Myanmar e visa is an electronic document processed and issued online to Swiss citizens who wish to enter Myanmar for tourism and business activities.
Fortunately, most people will find this Myanmar e visa application process to be simple and quick.
Please prepare necessary documents to apply for Myanmar e visa
In addition to the Myanmar visa requirements listed above, Swiss citizens must supply the following additional documentation, depending on the Myanmar e visa types they apply for:
- The Myanmar tourist e visa requires a return flight reservation confirmation and a hotel reservation confirmation
- Company registration certificates and company extracts are required for Myanmar business e visa applications.
Because the Myanmar government always wants to create the most favorable conditions for tourism development, applying for a Myanmar visa from Switzerland has become much easier. Swiss citizens can apply for a Myanmar e visa quickly through a few simple steps below.
Apply online for a Myanmar e visa for Swiss citizens by following these steps:
- Step 1: Declaration of Swiss citizens (name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number) should include information about your trip such as dates and accommodation. Please make sure all information is accurate to avoid any delays or refusals
- Step 2: Before clicking on "send" to complete the Myanmar visa procedure, make payment for your Myanmar e visa services cost and provide supporting papers (we may ask for additional information)
- Step 3: Swiss can keep track of your Myanmar e visa application status by checking the Myanmar visa check status system. Your email address will receive a notification when Myanmar e visa application has been approved.
Obtaining an Myanmar e visa for Swiss citizens usually takes about 10 minutes. Myanmar Immigration Services offers 24/7 customer service to assist you in completing the application.
Apply and get a Myanmar e visa for Swiss citizens online from anywhere
All About Myanmar Visa Fee And Services For Swiss Citizens
Myanmar Immigration Services provides many Myanmar e visa services, each with a different charge. Swiss citizens must choose the Myanmar eVisa service that best meets their requirements.
Myanmar e visa services for Swiss citizens
Myanmar Immigration Service currently provides three (03) options of Myanmar e visa services for Swiss citizens, with varying costs.
Normal Myanmar e visa service
For Swisss who want to get Myanmar eVisa within 3 business days.
Urgent Myanmar e visa service
For Swiss citizens who would like to get Myanmar eVisa within 24 business hours.
Super Urgent Myanmar e visa service
With the current fastest Myanmar eVisa service available, it only takes 5 business hours to obtain a Myanmar e visa for Swiss citizens.
Myanmar e visa fee for Swiss citizens
To apply for a Myanmar e visa, Swiss applicants need to pay both fees: the Myanmar Government fees as well as the Myanmar service fees
Find out more about Myanmar visa services costs here.
Learn about Myanmar visa fees for Swiss citizens
Myanmar travel insurance for Swiss citizens
Please notice that the Myanmar Government requires travelers to have Myanmar Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage in order to obtain Myanmar visa approval. We will help you acquire it without providing any further information while applying for a Myanmar e visa for Swiss citizens through our website.
- The reasonable cost for Myanmar travel insurance will protect Swiss travelers from any risks while traveling
- Myanmar Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage is 299$ (USD.
The Myanmar extra services for travelers
Note about Myanmar e visas for Swiss nationals
- Please note that Swiss customers need to download and print out your Myanmar electronic visa, then bring it with you to show the Myanmar Immigration officers upon arrival
- At the Myanmar airport, Swiss travelers will be charged an additional 3$US per day if they stay in Myanmar more than 28 days without extending Myanmar e visa
- Swiss passports must also be valid for at least six (06) months in order to enter Myanmar legally.