Myanmar visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens - Fee/Service
- Check Myanmar visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens
- All types of Myanmar visa for Sri Lankan citizens
- How to apply for Myanmar visa from Sri Lanka
- Services and fees of Myanmar e-Visa for Sri Lankan citizens
Myanmar visa for Sri Lankan citizens: A nation of over a hundred ethnic groups, Burma, formerly called Myanmar, borders India, China, Laos, Thailand, and Bangladesh in South-East Asia. Sri Lankan citizens have relatively easy access to Myanmar visas, so it's probably enough to obtain a Myanmar tourist visa if you plan on staying there for less than 90 days.
Myanmar visa for Sri Lankan citizens - How to get a Myanmar e visa from Sri Lanka?
Myanmar is one of the most developed countries in Asia, becoming a famous tourist destination all over the world. This post will provide you with several tips that will make your application process easier. Myanmar Immigration Services explains how Sri Lankan citizens can apply for a Myanmar visa, let’s see!
Check Myanmar visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens
Sri Lanka is not in the exempt country list for Myanmar visa, so Myanmar visa is REQUIRED.
Sri Lankan nationals are currently not exempt from visa entry, meaning they must apply for a visa beforehand. If you intend to travel to Myanmar, you should carefully study Myanmar's visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens.
There are several ways to obtain Myanmar visas: through the Myanmar embassy in Sri Lanka, by consulate in your country, or by applying online for Myanmar e-visas.
All types of Myanmar visa for Sri Lankan citizens
You can choose from a variety of visas when traveling to Myanmar, so decide which is best for your trip.
- Sri Lankan citizens traveling to Myanmar for a short time may qualify for a Myanmar tourist visa.
- Sri Lankan citizens planning to stay in Myanmar for a longer period or conduct business in Myanmar may need a Myanmar business visa.
There are typically 2 types of Myanmar e-visas offered by Myanmar Immigration Services. Currently, Sri Lankan citizens are only issued with one type of Myanmar e-Visa:
- Myanmar Tourist e-visas: It is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing its holders to stay in Myanmar for 28 days from the arrival date. This is a single-entry visa and is granted for tourism purposes only.
- Myanmar Business e-Visa: does not support this service yet.
The Myanmar visa application process should be started well in advance of your intended travel date, as the processing time may vary based on your Myanmar visa type.
How to apply for Myanmar visa from Sri Lanka
For Sri Lankan citizens, getting Myanmar e-visas is relatively easy by applying online. This is a simple process, but there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure that your Myanmar visa application is successful.
Check Myanmar visa requirements for Sri Lankans - Apply Myanmar e visa for Sri Lankan citizens
Prepare necessary documents to apply for Myanmar e-visa
- All information on the biographical page of the passport must be complete (no missing data or lines). Passports must be valid beyond the date of arrival in Myanmar.
- Photograph of the applicant in color (the photo must be crisp and focused on the applicant's face).
- Myanmar Travel Insurance is required by the Government of Myanmar to process a visa application.
- Covid Vaccination Certificate. The applicant must have at least 2 doses for Covid Vaccination with a certificate in English.
- Hotel booking confirmation and a return flight ticket are required.
Apply for a Myanmar e-visa for Sri Lankan citizens by following these steps:
- Step 1: Describe yourself (name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number), and include your itinerary details if you have them
- Step 2: It is important to review all information carefully and pay the e-visa fee before clicking "send" (Myanmar Immigration Services may require additional documentation).
- Step 3: With the Myanmar visa check status system, you can track the status of your Myanmar e-visa application. You'll receive an email confirmation as soon as the status has been updated.
It usually only takes 10 minutes to complete the entire process. Myanmar Immigration Services has a support team available 24 hours a day to assist you.
Services and fees of Myanmar e-Visa for Sri Lankan citizens
For Sri Lankan citizens, Myanmar Immigration Services offers 3 Myanmar e-visa services, each with a fee.
Myanmar e-Visa services for Sri Lankans
- Normal Myanmar Visa: for Sri Lankan citizens who want to get Myanmar e-visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent Myanmar visa: for Sri Lankan citizens who would like to get Myanmar e-visa within 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent Myanmar e-Visa: the fastest Myanmar e-Visa service for Sri Lankan citizens who wish to get Myanmar e-Visa within 5 business hours.
Myanmar visa fee for Sri Lankan citizens
Learn about Myanmar visa fees for Sri Lankan citizens
Important notice: Getting Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage is required by the government for Myanmar visa approval. By applying for a Myanmar e-visa for Sri Lankan citizens on our website, you are able to get Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage without any other information.
Note about Myanmar e-visas for Sri Lankans
- Sri Lanka travelers with tourist e-visas who stay more than 28 days in Myanmar will be charged an additional $US 3 per day by the Myanmar airport immigration officer.
- To enter this country legally, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
Myanmar Visa Requirements for Sri lanka Citizens FAQs
Yes! Sri Lankan citizens must have a valid visa to enter Myanmar legitimately. This is due to the fact that Sri Lanka is not one of the countries that qualify for visa exemption from Myanmar. If their nationality qualifies for a Myanmar e visa, Sri Lanka, on the other hand, may save a lot of time by applying for a visa online. Please check your eligibility criteria for Myanmar visa for Sri Lankan citizens.
Sri Lankan nationals who wish to travel to Myanmar for medical treatment, immigration, or study must apply at the Myanmar Embassy in Sri Lanka. However, Sri Lanka nationals who wish to visit Myanmar for the purpose of attending conferences, touring, or visiting friends and family can apply for an online Myanmar e visa. This is the most efficient approach to visiting Myanmar in a short amount of time.
Myanmar's digitized visa system has expedited the visa application process. Instead of standing in a long line at the Embassy, Sri Lankan citizens may now obtain a Myanmar e-visa online from any location through our website.
- A Myanmar electronic visa is the same as a regular visa in that it allows Sri Lankans to enter Myanmar for a number of reasons, including tourism and commerce
- The Myanmar e visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue, with a stay length of up to 28 or 90 days depending on the kind of Myanmar visa chosen.
To secure a visa for Myanmar, both the Myanmar Government Fee and the Myanmar Visa Service Fee must be paid. The Myanmar government requires an e visa evaluation fee from Sri Lankans citizens. Myanmar e visa service fee depends on the processing services which affects the duration of obtaining a Myanmar visa.
You must choose the Myanmar e visa service you want to utilize while applying for a Myanmar visa online. Myanmar Immigration Services provides three distinct services, each with its own set of fees:
- Normal Myanmar visa service: For people who need a Myanmar eVisa within three business days
- Urgent Myanmar visa service: For individuals who need a Myanmar eVisa in less than 24 hours
- Super urgent Myanmar visa service: The quickest Myanmar eVisa service for Sri Lankan individuals who require it within 5 business hours.
Let's visit Myanmar visa for Sri Lanka citizens for more information on how much an electronic Burma visa is.
Please be informed that in order for the government to issue a visa, you must have Myanmar Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage. By utilizing our website to apply for a Myanmar e visa, we assist you in obtaining COVID-19-covered travel insurance without the need for any extra information.
Myanmar, also known as Burma, is a country in Southeast Asia that boasts a rich history, diverse culture, and natural beauty. From the bustling streets of Yangon to the ancient temples of Bagan and the tranquil waters of Inle Lake, Myanmar offers a wealth of unique experiences for travelers.
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity
- 2 blank pages in your passport to stamp visa verification
- A duplication paper of the passport biographical page in color
- A recent passport-size photograph
- A completed Myanmar visa application form
- Payment of the Myanmar visa fee (including credit or debit card).
Additionally, travelers will need to provide proof of accommodation and a return ticket, as well as Myanmar travel insurance with coverage for COVID-19. Moreover, Sri Lanka citizens must submit a Company registration certificate and Company Extract for applying for a Myanmar business visa.
If you do not have all of the papers necessary for the Myanmar electronic visa application, your application may be refused. Before applying, it is critical to thoroughly review the precise criteria and rules for the Myanmar eVisa application and confirm that you have all of the relevant documentation.
Myanmar is also known for its tea plantations and production, and visitors can take a tour of the many tea estates located in the highlands. Traveling to Myanmar is definitely the best experience for Sri Lanka travelers who are finding intriguing vacations.
If you are questioning how long you can stay in Myanmar with e visa, below are the regulation for stay duration in Myanmar:
- With a Myanmar tourist e visa, Sri Lankan nationals can stay in Myanmar for up to 28 days from the date of arrival. This applies to both single-entry Myanmar eVisas
- With a Myanmar business e visa, Sri Lankan citizens can stay in Myanmar for up to 70 days from the date of arrival. This also applies to both single-entry Myanmar eVisas.
It's important to note that the Myanmar e-visa is only valid for a specific period of time and cannot be extended beyond the maximum duration allowed. Therefore, if a traveler wishes to stay longer in Myanmar, they will need to apply for a different type of visa or leave the country and re-enter with a new Myanmar eVisa or other valid travel documents.
Specific restrictions and Myanmar visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens must be met in order for a visa to Myanmar to be accepted. Travelers from Sri Lanka should be aware of their visa requirements and follow the regulations in order to make your Myanmar e visa application result successful.
The Myanmar Government introduced the e-visa system in 2014 to facilitate the Myanmar visa application process for foreign visitors. The system allows eligible foreign nationals to apply for a Myanmar tourist e visa online, eliminating the need to visit a Myanmar embassy or consulate in person.
The Myanmar electronic visa system has been continually improved and expanded since its introduction, and it is now available for citizens of over 100 countries, including Sri Lanka.
Applying Myanmar visa for Sri Lankan citizens online to visit this country, is a fast and convenient way to obtain a visa for tourism purposes. There are two types of Myanmar eVisas available for Sri Lankan citizens to apply for online: the tourist e visa, and the business e visa.
- Myanmar tourist e visa: The tourist visa is the most commonly applied for and allows for a stay of up to 28 days in Myanmar for leisure purposes. Sri Lanka travelers have one chance to enter and exit Myanmar and valid for
- Myanmar business e visa: This e visa only allows travelers to engage in business-related activities, such as attending conferences, meetings, and seminars in 70 days. This 90-day validity e visa allows travelers to enter Myanmar once only.
To apply for a Myanmar e visa, Sri Lankan visitors must complete an online application form and include a digital passport-sized photo and a scanned copy of their passport information page. In addition, they must provide relevant documents after completing the form.