Myanmar visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens - Fee/Service in February 2024
- Check Myanmar visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens
- All types of Myanmar visa for Sri Lankan citizens
- How to apply for Myanmar visa from Sri Lanka
- Services and fees of Myanmar e-Visa for Sri Lankan citizens
Myanmar visa for Sri Lankan citizens: A nation of over a hundred ethnic groups, Burma, formerly called Myanmar, borders India, China, Laos, Thailand, and Bangladesh in South-East Asia. Sri Lankan citizens have relatively easy access to Myanmar visas, so it's probably enough to obtain a Myanmar tourist visa if you plan on staying there for less than 90 days.
Myanmar visa for Sri Lankan citizens - How to get a Myanmar e visa from Sri Lanka?
Myanmar is one of the most developed countries in Asia, becoming a famous tourist destination all over the world. This post will provide you with several tips that will make your application process easier. Myanmar Immigration Services explains how Sri Lankan citizens can apply for a Myanmar visa, let’s see!
Check Myanmar visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens
Sri Lanka is not in the exempt country list for Myanmar visa, so Myanmar visa is REQUIRED.
Sri Lankan nationals are currently not exempt from visa entry, meaning they must apply for a visa beforehand. If you intend to travel to Myanmar, you should carefully study Myanmar's visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens.
There are several ways to obtain Myanmar visas: through the Myanmar embassy in Sri Lanka, by consulate in your country, or by applying online for Myanmar e-visas.
All types of Myanmar visa for Sri Lankan citizens
You can choose from a variety of visas when traveling to Myanmar, so decide which is best for your trip.
- Sri Lankan citizens traveling to Myanmar for a short time may qualify for a Myanmar tourist visa.
- Sri Lankan citizens planning to stay in Myanmar for a longer period or conduct business in Myanmar may need a Myanmar business visa.
There are typically 2 types of Myanmar e-visas offered by Myanmar Immigration Services. Currently, Sri Lankan citizens are only issued with one type of Myanmar e-Visa:
- Myanmar Tourist e-visas: It is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, allowing its holders to stay in Myanmar for 28 days from the arrival date. This is a single-entry visa and is granted for tourism purposes only.
- Myanmar Business e-Visa: does not support this service yet.
The Myanmar visa application process should be started well in advance of your intended travel date, as the processing time may vary based on your Myanmar visa type.
How to apply for Myanmar visa from Sri Lanka
For Sri Lankan citizens, getting Myanmar e-visas is relatively easy by applying online. This is a simple process, but there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure that your Myanmar visa application is successful.
Check Myanmar visa requirements for Sri Lankans - Apply Myanmar e visa for Sri Lankan citizens
Prepare necessary documents to apply for Myanmar e-visa
- All information on the biographical page of the passport must be complete (no missing data or lines). Passports must be valid beyond the date of arrival in Myanmar.
- Photograph of the applicant in color (the photo must be crisp and focused on the applicant's face).
- Myanmar Travel Insurance is required by the Government of Myanmar to process a visa application.
- Covid Vaccination Certificate. The applicant must have at least 2 doses for Covid Vaccination with a certificate in English.
- Hotel booking confirmation and a return flight ticket are required.
Apply for a Myanmar e-visa for Sri Lankan citizens by following these steps:
- Step 1: Describe yourself (name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number), and include your itinerary details if you have them
- Step 2: It is important to review all information carefully and pay the e-visa fee before clicking "send" (Myanmar Immigration Services may require additional documentation).
- Step 3: With the Myanmar visa check status system, you can track the status of your Myanmar e-visa application. You'll receive an email confirmation as soon as the status has been updated.
It usually only takes 10 minutes to complete the entire process. Myanmar Immigration Services has a support team available 24 hours a day to assist you.
Services and fees of Myanmar e-Visa for Sri Lankan citizens
For Sri Lankan citizens, Myanmar Immigration Services offers 3 Myanmar e-visa services, each with a fee.
Myanmar e-Visa services for Sri Lankans
- Normal Myanmar Visa: for Sri Lankan citizens who want to get Myanmar e-visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent Myanmar visa: for Sri Lankan citizens who would like to get Myanmar e-visa within 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent Myanmar e-Visa: the fastest Myanmar e-Visa service for Sri Lankan citizens who wish to get Myanmar e-Visa within 5 business hours.
Myanmar visa fee for Sri Lankan citizens
Learn about Myanmar visa fees for Sri Lankan citizens
Important notice: Getting Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage is required by the government for Myanmar visa approval. By applying for a Myanmar e-visa for Sri Lankan citizens on our website, you are able to get Travel Insurance with COVID-19 coverage without any other information.
Note about Myanmar e-visas for Sri Lankans
- Sri Lanka travelers with tourist e-visas who stay more than 28 days in Myanmar will be charged an additional $US 3 per day by the Myanmar airport immigration officer.
- To enter this country legally, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months.