Places to go in Myanmar
Bagan, a vast, spectacular desert dotted with stunning varied temples can be toured by bike or vehicle. This extravagant temple complex is the highlight of a trip to Myanmar and should not to be missed.
The top-notch temples include Shwesandaw Paya, Buledi, Ananda Pahto, Dhammayangyi Pahto, and Thatbyinnyu. The Bagan Archaeological Zone is the main draw in Myanmar’s nascent tourism industry, equal in splendor to Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
Traditional boat racing with dozens of leg rowers in Shan dress chant and motivate each other to deliver their Buddha relic to the next township first, reigning victorious. A three-day festival ensues where crowds from varied ethnic groups around the country eat, drink, shop, and celebrate.
The Hpaung Daw U Festival is followed by the Thadingyut Festival of Lights. Intha and Shan people rejoice in vast numbers during Buddhist Lent.
The standing Buddha
The standing Buddha statue is the second-tallest statue in the world at 129 meters. The sprawling site is filled with bodhi trees and pagodas. In front of the standing statue lays a 95-meter-long, reclining Buddha that can be entered via Buddha’s left rear posterior. The sheer size of the standing Buddha is an unforgettable experience.
The first must-see sight in Myanmar is Yangon’s impressive 2,500-year old, 100-meter-high golden Shwedagon Pagoda, the most visited and sacred Buddhist temple. It houses relics of the past four Buddhas including: the staff of Kakusandha, the water filter of Konagamana, a piece of the robe of Kassapa, and eight strands of hair from Gautama.
The sanctuary is used daily by reverent monks; Buddhists frequent the site offering alms. The temple is especially magical at dusk.
The World's Largest Book
Mandalay’s top sights include traversing up Mandalay Hill. The summit terrace adjacent to the Sutaungpyei Pagoda offers panoramic views of Mandalay’s plain near the old city walls and moat. Nearby monasteries afford visitors the opportunity to watch devotees place golden leaf on the Buddha images.
The other must is to literally walk through the world’s largest book; Kuthodaw Pagoda and its 729 satellite stupas each house a page inscribed in stone forming the world’s largest book.
- Myanmar Explorer - Finding The Best Time To Visit Myanmar
- Learn More About Myanmar Visa Services And Fees For Tourist
- Discovering The Hidden Gems Of Myanmar Culture And Lifestyle
- Top 5 Myanmar Nature Wonders Should Be On Your Bucket List
- Tourism Myanmar - A Trip To The Most Fascinating Myanmar Tourist Places
- Exploring The Best Myanmar Attractions For Your Next Vacation
- A Guideline To Check Myanmar Electronic Visa Status Travelers Should Know About
- Myanmar Visa Application Online - Discover The Best Way To Get Your Myanmar Visa With Myanmar Immigration Services
- Learn How To Get Myanmar Visa Online - Apply For Myanmar Electronic Visa From Anywhere
- Everything About Myanmar Visa Fees - Details of Myanmar Electronic Visa Service Costs
- Learn more about Myanmar e visas before traveling
- All About Myanmar Visa Requirements Travelers Need To Know
- All About Travel Health Insurance & Myanmar Travel Insurance
- Myanmar tourism e-visa come back to you!
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Myanmar Independence Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Wonderful beaches in Southeast Asia
- Southeast asia - A wonderful journey
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 10 Best places to visit in Myanmar (Part 1)
- 9 MUST KNOW MYANMAR TRAVEL TIPS 2018 - Part 2
- 9 MUST KNOW MYANMAR TRAVEL TIPS 2018 - PART 1
- Special offer on Women’s Day!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- Tips in Myanmar
- Money, Exchange and ATM
- Myanmar Holidays in 2015
- Weather in Myanmar
- Myanmar Overview